Friday, January 17, 2020

My J-Term Reflection

Andreas Cantu 
Dr. Ott 
Personal Finance 
17 January 2020 
A Reflection 
My time at the Personal Finance was nothing less than a blessing. I have spent my whole life not to worried or concerned about the concept of money. There were very few times when I felt like I was lacking the proper knowledge of money and how to properly use it. Well by the time the first day of personal finance ended I instantly knew that there was so much to learn. There is so much information out there in the world of finance and the fact that there was so much I did not know and still have to learn is outstanding. The books that we read alone had more useful information regarding personal finance and how to properly use your money so as to not end up in debt. This course was so perfectly crafted for students our age because, we are all at age where money becomes more and more apparent in our life and if we don't learn how to properly manage and use our money now than it will most definitely affect us later on in the future. 
I especially appreciated the activities that we did during this term because, of how beneficial and relevant they were to our course. This activities included: determining your net worth, simulating all of your future expenses all the way to death, keeping track of all our purchases and much more. So in the end I am very grateful for this J-Term and I know that this is most definitely one of the most important classes I have/will ever take and know I will use these lessons for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment