Friday, January 17, 2020

J-Term Reflection- Luke

Luke Kirchner
Dr. Ott
PF
17 January 2020

Reflection 
     During this J-term, I learned many valuable skills that I think I will use for the rest of my life. This was nothing less than a life changing experience. Before I started this J-Term, I was not sure of great ways to budget money, invest in stocks and I had basically no knowledge on home ownership. After two weeks, I now know quite a lot. The books we read we very helpful and taught me a lot. Why Didn't They Teach Me This in School was very nice and have some great tips. Your Money or Your Life taught me new ways to think of our time and 'life energy'. During the two weeks we were running an Investopedia stock trading game. I learned more about stock trading strategies and how to invest money. After the two weeks, I finished 3rd in placement. We had many activities where we researched different stocks and justified our purchases. We learned about house interest rates and how mortgages work. This is very useful information as I knew practically nothing about this before I took this J-Term. The course also showed us about the value of money and how hard it is to make. The movies, while very entertaining, also taught us some great life lessons and lessons about different jobs. My favorite was trading places. Other activities included calculating our net worth, seeing how much money given to us was still in our life, and our first memory of money.

In the end, this J-Term was a great success and I had a fun time! Dr. Ott is great!
Image result for trading places

No comments:

Post a Comment